Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Get Some Good Juju



People are starting to get sick. It's all around me: coughing, sneezing, itching, crying. I'm terrified of getting sick this year. Last year I caught some strand of the Bubonic Plague and I was dead for a week.Well, I got better...but I refuse to get sick this year. However, in case my body does betray me I have a "get well soon" beer on standby:

If you have a stomachache, or a headache (hangover), or you stubbed your toe, or you have a cough, or someone was mean to you at school, I would drink Good Juju by Left Hand Brewing. It's ginger ale-not like Vernor's, but the real kind, the alcoholic kind. Ginger is naturally associated with healing, so no one will judge you for drinking a beer when you're sick. Even if you're not sick, this beer is light and sweet, like an adult ginger ale. It has hints of lemongrass and malt that blend well with the obvious presence of ginger. Plus, the name Good Juju is just compelling your body to get rid of the bad vibes. 

If you are unfortunate and get sick this year. First, make sure your life is not endangered. Ginger Ale will not cure any medical emergencies. But, if you're in the clear and just feel a little under the weather, get some Good Juju going by drinking this ale.Unfortunately, this beer is seasonal, and not available at this time. Stock up next summer when Left Hand brews a batch, and save it for the sniffles of fall and winter.

1 comment: