Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Flying Dog-Raging Bitch

This week was midterm week. My hand hurts from constantly typing and writing out tedious questions in stupid blue/green books--whatever they're called. I hate papers and I hate tests and I hate presentations. After nothing but working hard for three days out of the semester, tensions were high and I needed a beer--but which one?

Usually this type of agitation calls for a shot(s) of whiskey, but that seemed a bit extreme for a Wednesday. I usually lean towards a Russian Imperial Stout on days like today, but it didn't feel right. I wanted a high alcohol content, I wanted a punch in the throat from the hops, and I wanted to drink a mini-keg after the week I've had.

I decided on drinking a beer that also described my mood: Raging Bitch.


Raging Bitch is Belgian IPA with 8.3 ABV. Hops reign supreme in this brew and they float around dropkicking your taste buds while soothing your fatigued midterm week mind. It's a little bitter, but I didn't mind, because so am I. Other than hops and bitterness I could taste an earthy, citrusy flavor that was actually a little sweet when you got through the initial bitterness(also just like me).

Plus I love the graphics on the bottle. Ralph Steadman, friend and artist for the late Hunter S. Thompson designed some of the trippy artwork on the bottles at Flying Dog. I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but I have a tendency to judge a beer by its bottle--and if Ralph Steadman designed it, it's going to be goooood.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sweetie. I love reading these!. Keep up the good work. A little big of trivia: You could not get this beer in Michigan a few years back due to the name. I was really excited when I found it at a little beer bar in Lousiville (Sergios) back in 2011 when it was still consider contraband in MI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raging bitch.... definitely one of their better beers ... Belgian style ipas are certainty becoming all the rage right now ... if you enjoy that then you should try the IPA's from brewery Vivant ... delicious! !! Now as for your comment.... bitter....why would you have any reason to be bitter? Highly doubtful. Cool chick that likes good beer... know you can be doing bad in the guy department .... but I digress... and with that I leave you with this -then zen philosopher bashing once wrote a flute with no holes is not a flute and a doughnut with no hole is a danish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry...supposed to say know you can't be doing bad with the guys....lol dam auto correct

      Delete